City Service Changes for Thanksgiving Holidays
(Solid Waste/StarMetro/Animal Service Center)
November 20, 2013
The City of Tallahassee's administrative offices will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving holidays on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28-29. Following are schedule changes for the week of Nov. 24-30 for solid waste customers living inside the Tallahassee city limits, StarMetro and the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center.
Solid Waste Schedule Changes
GARBAGE / RECYCLING / YARD WASTE (red week) / BULKY ITEMS (red week) – During the holiday week, customers will receive service as follows:
- Monday customers -- no change in service
- Tuesday customers -- no change in service
- Wednesday customers -- no change in service
- Thursday customers -- Friday, Nov. 29
- Friday customers -- Saturday, Nov. 30
Garbage and recycling containers should both be rolled to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m. on collection day, with both containers returned to the home no later than the day after collection. Customers are reminded to separate yard waste piles from any bulky items set out for pickup. Customers needing more information may view solid waste schedules at Talgov.com/YOU or contact City of Tallahassee Utilities at 891-4YOU (4968).
StarMetro Schedule Changes
StarMetro, the City's mass transit system, will change its operations for the Thanksgiving holidays, as follows:
- FIXED ROUTE SERVICES
- Thursday, Nov. 28 - no StarMetro service.
- Friday, Nov. 29 - StarMetro will operate on a Saturday schedule, including night service.
- DIAL-A-RIDE SERVICES
- Thursday, Nov. 28 - no Dial-A-Ride service.
- Friday, Nov. 29 - Dial-A-Ride will operate within the Saturday schedule coverage area. Rides must be confirmed by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
For more information, visit Talgov.com/StarMetro or call StarMetro at 891-5200.
Animal Service Center Closed Thursday and Friday
The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center will be closed for the Thanksgiving holidays on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28-29. Normal hours resume on Saturday, Nov. 30, with the center opening at 10 a.m. Customers needing more information, including photos of animals available for adoption, may visit Talgov.com/animals or contact the Animal Service Center at 891-2950.
City Animal Control will be available for emergency situations only during the holiday closure and can be reached via the Consolidated Dispatch Agency at 606-5800.
Lizzy Kelley, Communications Department, 891-8533