Ever Wonder How an Airport Operates?
Tallahassee Regional Airport provides guided tours without charge to groups such as schools, scouting organizations, church groups, summer camps, and others. Due to security and safety concerns tours will be limited to a brief description of the airlines and various areas within the Landside terminal only. Tours are held Monday through Friday and will last no longer than one hour. Tours may be scheduled only between the hours 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and are available to both adults and children (8 years and older and who are at least in third grade). Tours are limited to a maximum of 24 people.
Goodie bags are provided according to age and are distributed at the end of each tour. Please have the driver park in the Airport's long-term parking lot and be sure to bring the parking ticket to the tour guide to be validated for complimentary parking. Groups are welcome to tour on their own if a tour guide in not available.
To schedule a guided tour, contact the Aviation Administration Office at (850) 891-7801.
Please have the following information available when scheduling a tour:
- Name of group
- Name of person scheduling the group
- Telephone number of the contact person
- Ages and number of people in the group
- Number of chaperones accompanying the group
- Type of transportation (i.e., bus, van, car)
- Arrive on Time (Late arrivals will be subject to reschedule).
- Please notify Airport of any changes to your group prior to arriving,
changing or canceling a tour.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes (No skate shoes will be allowed)
Tours are also provided through the following auxiliaries:
- FAA-Control Tower - (850) 942-9642
- Flightline Group (850) - 574-4444
- Aero Associates Aero Space Center - (850) 576-5342
- Airport Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting - (850) 891-7850
- Tallahassee Fire Department, Fire Prevention Bureau - (850) 891-6631