Lead Commissioner – Andrew Gillum
Involved Commissioner – Scott Maddox
Lead Staff – Anita Favors Thompson, Raoul Lavin, Rick Fernandez, Jim Cooke, Heath Beach
- Review and identify enhancements to the city's budget process.
- With the 2014 voter approval of the extension of the sales tax, identify and develop project priorities and sequencing in order to prepare a funding plan and timeline.
- Continue to investigate and implement ways to enhance customer service and convenience for citizens by increasing utility payment options throughout the community.
- Review the current policy and administrative procedures governing the procurement process to ensure that City practices promote the best and most appropriate selection of vendors for city financial interests.
- Review the city's long-term utility revenue projections to strategically ensure financial viability.
Lead Commissioner – Curtis Richardson
Involved Commissioner – Andrew Gillum
Lead Staff – Rick Fernandez, Michael Parker, Chris Edwards
- Focus on increasing economic activity, improve educational opportunities, and reduce violent crime specifically in the South City, Frenchtown, Springfield and other identified Promise Zone areas.
- Encourage and support entrepreneurial innovation to drive economic development and make Tallahassee a destination for new and existing businesses to thrive.
- Develop options for a community portal that promotes Tallahassee businesses and employment opportunities.
- Make the City of Tallahassee the Smartest City in Florida. Take advantage of the technology now available to deliver services more efficiently and effectively.
Quality of Life
Lead Commissioner – Nancy Miller
Involved Commissioner – Gil Ziffer
Lead Staff – Dee Crumpler, Cynthia Barber, Michael Parker, Michelle Bono
- Engage the private sector and community in improving the character of the city through art in public spaces, landscaping, and addressing litter and illegal signage. Develop ideas/incentives for incorporating art into building renovation and new constructions, to include architecturally inspiring porticos and entry ways that are practical, as well as other ideas and concepts.
- Build on the Cultural Plan to meet citizen expectations for cultural exposure, participation and enrichment.
- Build on partnerships developed to address homelessness to find additional ways to move people into permanent housing.
- Partner with the Commission on the Status of Women and Girls in ways to enhance the position of women in the workplace and the community.
- Continue to maintain a city focus on Water Resources.
Long Range Planning
Lead Commissioner – Gil Ziffer
Involved Commissioners – Curtis Richardson
Lead Staff – Lonnie Ballard, Roxanne Manning, Wayne Tedder, Cherie Bryant
- Develop a more walkable community through a connectivity plan and direct resources focusing on key areas within the Multi-Modal Transportation District. Analyze the benefit of reducing the current Multi-Modal Zone with consideration of a phased in plan for the future.
- Continue with efforts to develop a way finding system throughout downtown including the college campuses and surrounding areas, Midtown, and to include S. Adams and S. Monroe.
- Noise policy / ordinance
Short Range Planning
Lead Commissioner – Scott Maddox
Involved Commissioner – Nancy Miller
Lead Staff – Lonnie Ballard, Cherie Bryant, Wayne Tedder, Roxanne Manning
- Review plans and projects associated with the enhancement and expediting of specifically identified areas of priority by the City Commission by providing input into the vision, planning and implementation of ideas and concepts. This includes the following.
- Governor's Walk (North Adams)
- College Avenue
- The Arena District
- Market Street
- Identify opportunities for commercial development at the Tallahassee International Airport with a goal of increasing the potential for more flight carriers and destinations, with competitive and reasonable fares.
City Commission Liaisons
- Tallahassee International Airport – Scott Maddox
- University Issues (Tallahassee Community College, Florida A&M, Florida State) – Andrew Gillum
- Water Resources – Nancy Miller
- Secondary Education and South City Initiatives – Curtis Richardson
- Arts and Homelessness – Gil Ziffer