City Service Changes for Memorial Day Holiday
May 20, 2014
Solid Waste/StarMetro/Animal Service Center - The City of Tallahassee's administrative offices will be closed on Monday, May 26, in observance of Memorial Day. Following are schedule changes for the week of May 25-31 for solid waste customers living inside the Tallahassee city limits, StarMetro and the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center.
Solid Waste Schedule Changes - Garbage / Recycling / Yard Waste (red week) / Bulky Items (red week) – During the holiday week, all customers will receive service one day later than their regularly scheduled service.
- Monday customers: Tuesday, May 27
- Tuesday customers: Wednesday, May 28
- Wednesday customers: Thursday, May 29
- Thursday customers: Friday, May 30
- Friday customers: Saturday, May 31
Garbage and recycling containers should both be rolled to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m. on collection day, with both containers returned to the home no later than the day after collection. Customers are reminded to separate yard waste piles from any bulky items set out for pickup. Customers needing more information may view solid waste schedules at Talgov.com/YOU or contact City of Tallahassee Utilities at 891-4YOU (4968).
StarMetro Schedule Changes - StarMetro, the City's mass transit system, will change its operations for the Memorial Day holiday, as follows:
- Fixed Route Services: On Monday, May 26, StarMetro will operate on a Sunday schedule from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. with no night service.
- Dial-A-Ride Services: No Dial-a-Ride service will be available on Monday, May 26. Dial-A-Ride trips for Tuesday, May 27, need to be verified by 2 p.m. on Friday, May 23.
For more information, visit Talgov.com/StarMetro or call StarMetro at 891-5200.
Animal Service Center Closed Monday - The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center is normally closed to the public on Mondays, and thus the facility will be closed on May 26. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 27, with the ASC opening at 10:30 a.m. Customers needing more information, including photos of animals available for adoption, may visit Talgov.com/animals or contact the Animal Service Center at 891-2950.
City Animal Control will be available for emergency situations only and can be reached via the Consolidated Dispatch Agency at 606-5800.
Lizzy Kelley, Communications Department, 891-8533