Budget Survey Fiscal Year 2014
The City of Tallahassee is developing the proposed Fiscal Year 2014 (FY14) budget to address the needs of the City’s diverse communities, reflect shared priorities and move the City toward important goals. To help achieve this, the City is seeking input from citizens. Please consider taking this short online budget survey designed to help staff create a fiscally responsible and balanced budget to present to the City Commission.
The survey is comprised of 14 questions that range from what City services you have used in the past six months to your thoughts on supporting a variety of services and programs. Following the budget questions, there are optional demographic questions. One survey per person/computer will be accepted through May 31.
This online survey was developed to compliment feedback garnered from citizens at the three budget public meetings held around Tallahassee in April. At these meetings, citizens provided input on items similar to those on the online survey and participated in a fun Tallahassee Twister game to learn more about City functions. You can view the workshop budget presentation (PDF). To learn more about City services, you can view the budget packet and also try your hand at Tally Twister trivia (PDF).
Information from this online survey and the public meetings will be summarized and presented to the City Commission as part of the FY14 budget process. The results will also be posted to Talgov.com as well as shared on the City's Facebook and Twitter sites. If you have additional comments regarding the City’s budget that you would like to share, please email Tzadda Bates or call 850-891-8551.
1) Which of the following services have you used in the last six months?
2) Based on the services you receive from the City of Tallahassee, do you think your taxes and fees are:
3) I receive value equal to what I pay in taxes and fees.
4) I would be willing to pay more to….
5) Revenue Shortfall Options
6) Do you feel safe in your neighborhood?
7) The City should invest in more fire stations.
8) Funding for public transit city wide – StarMetro
9) Funding for passive parks (e.g. trails, walking paths, rose gardens, etc.)
10) Financial support of special events (e.g. Springtime Tallahassee, Red Hills Horse Trials, Downtown GetDowns, etc.).
11) Funding for programs to attract new businesses and jobs.
12) Financial support of arts and cultural organizations.
13) Investment in Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety (e.g. sidewalks and bike lanes)
14) My City of Tallahassee property taxes are…
15) What is your zip code?
16) Are you a...
17) What is your gender?
18) What is your age?
19) What is your Ethnicity?
20) What is your highest level of education?
21) How long have you lived in Tallahassee?