Commercial Facade Improvement Program
The Commercial Façade Program provides up to $50,000 in matching money to help improve the facades of commercial structures of buildings located in either the Frenchtown/Southside Community Redevelopment Area or within the Downtown Community Redevelopment Area. To see if your building is located within either of these areas, click here.
To view and/or download the program guidelines and four-page application, click here.
As of January 1, 2010, the Community Redevelopment Agency has funded nine façade grants for the locations listed below, that range from a low of $803 to a high of $150,000 for a project on three adjoining lots. The total amount of grant money awarded on these nine projects has been $356,343 with the total cost of the renovations totaling $1,452,834.
1. Innovation Realty, 1617 South Adams Street: click here to view before and after pictures, along with project details
2. Watch Me Grow Daycare Center, 431 West Virginia Street (2 grants)
3. Cash for Houses, 1714 South Monroe Street
4. Arrowood Law Firm, 1014 North Adams Street: click here to view before and after pictures, along with project details
5. Advanced Plumbing, 657 West Brevard Street
6. Tennessee Square, 646-666 West Tennessee Street and 302 Raven Street: click here to view before and after pictures, along with project details
7. Bella Bella Restaurant, 123 East 5th Avenue
8. Venture East (Restaurant/Bar and Retail Space), 1304 North Monroe Street