Frenchtown/Southside Citizen's Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Frenchtown/Southside CRA Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC) is to advise the Community Redevelopment Agency on redevelopment strategies to be addressed and implemented in support of the redevelopment area. Specifically, the CAC may recommend changes to the redevelopment plan, develop an annual work program, set priorities and develop incentives to further the redevelopment efforts.
The CAC consists of seven (7) members, including two non-voting members, who represent the various neighborhood and commercial stakeholders within the Greater Frenchtown and Southside areas. The current membership, along with the agency or interest that they represent, are listed below:
- Darryl Scott, Greater Frenchtown Front Porch Representative (Chair)
- Leslie Harris, Southside Neighborhoods Representative (Vice Chair)
- Ruth Wharton, Gaines Street Vitalization Committee Representative
- Alexis Roberts-McMillan, Capital City Chamber of Commerce Representative
- Daniel Griffin, Southside Business Association Representative
- Tola Thompson, Florida A & M University Representative (Ex Officio)
- Tim Chapin, Florida State University Representative (Ex Officio)
The CAC meets on the first Monday of each month, usually within City Hall. All meetings are open to the public, as are the agendas and minutes of each meeting.