FAMU Way: Project Features
Note: The image below depicts a potential modification to the approved route (including the related Capital Cascade Trail). The modification would have the route turn south at the railroad tracks to Gamble Street and then follow the existing Gamble alignment westward to Lake Bradford Road. [View a larger version of this overview map.] For enlargements of individual segments in the modified route, click on one or more of the highlighted areas of the overview map.
The FAMU Way conceptual plan includes a two-lane, two-way road with bike lanes, on-street parking, landscaped sidewalks and medians.
The conceptual plan includes the following amenities:
- Five-foot wide sidewalks on each side of the roadway
- Five-foot wide bike lanes on each side of the roadway
- Eight-foot-wide parking lanes along portions of the roadway
- Two travel lanes, one in each direction
- A landscaped median island
- A large, underground pipe to carry water underground from Wahnish Way to Coal Chute Park with no surface brook
- A 12-foot-wide multi-use path with park-like amenities
- Two-thirds of the new roadway will have landscaped greenways
- Planned amenities may change as the project progresses and as feedback is received from the community.
Interested in images of what to expect? Check out the FAMU Way Project Renderings page.
For information about past public meetings and other older news, please visit the Project History page.