Talgov.com, the Official Website of the City of Tallahassee
Sign In | Register
Citizens of Tallahassee enjoy a high quality of life. From public safety to reliable utility services and everything in between, the City strives to maintain the highest caliber of service and keep its citizens at the heart of everything it does.
With so much sunshine, it's hard to stay put in Tallahassee! The City offers a wide variety of ways for its citizens to enjoy nature, build social networks and stay active throughout their lives.
The City of Tallahassee is focused on seeing the local economy thrive. Here you will find information on programs geared to small and big businesses alike, information on doing business with the City, employment opportunities within the organization and more.
The day-to-day operations of the City of Tallahassee are as diverse as its citizenry. It is responsible for a variety of infrastructure as well as quality of life amenities. Be it a road project or budget report, the City strives to keep citizens as informed and involved as possible.
The mission of the City of Tallahassee is to provide excellent services and facilities to support a high quality of life for the community.
The City of Tallahassee is the seat of and only incorporated municipality within Leon County. It is the capital of Florida and home to two state universities.
The City of Tallahassee Fire Department Citizens’ Fire Academy (TCFA) is open to persons 18 or older who either live or work in the City of Tallahassee/Leon County. This 5-week program is comprised of once-a-week sessions approximately 3 hours in length held at the Tallahassee Fire Department’s Training Division located at 2964 Municipal Way. The program is designed for people who have a genuine desire to learn about the daily life of firefighters, who want to increase their fire and life safety awareness, and who wish to be more knowledgeable about the variety of services that the Tallahassee Fire Department offers. The academy concludes with a graduation celebration at which program participants receive a certificate of completion from the department.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in participating in the next academy. Fill out all form fields, or your submittal will not be accepted. You must be at least 18 to be eligible to participate
Date of Birth*
1. Have you ever been arrested for a felony or misdemeanor? YesNo
2. If the answer to #1 was yes, please provide details, if not, proceed to question #3
3. Do you have any severe physical limitations which would prevent you from engaging in the activities associated with the Citizens' Fire Academy?YesNo
(Please note that students missing more than on (1) night of instruction will be dropped from the Academy. If you have other priorities at the present time, please do not make application to attend.)
5. Why do you wish to participate in the Citizens' Fire Academy?
6. Have you ever had any contact with the Tallahassee Fire Department? If so, was your experience positive or negative?
7. How did you hear about the Citizens' Fire Academy?
8. If you are not selected or available to attend this session of the Academy, would you be interested in attending the next scheduled
9. Do you know of someone else who may be interested in attending the TFD Citizens' Fire Academy? Please provide us with the following
information and they will be mailed an application.
By entering my name in the box below and hitting the submit button, I acknowledge the above information is a true and accurate representation and that this information is required and subject to background inquiry with the Dept. of Law Enforcement.
Signature* (Type name as you would sign it)
Tallahassee Fire Department
911 Easterwood Drive
Tallahassee FL 32311
Maps and Directions
Andrew Gillum, Mayor
Lewis E. Shelley,
T. Bert Fletcher,
James O. Cooke, IV
Report a Problem
TPD Online Reporting
Driver Info Service