TFD for Kids
Sparky the Fire Dog
Meet Sparky, TFD's newest member. Sparky joined the Fire Department to help educate children and their parents on how to prevent fires and how to react when fire strikes. He is always escorted by a Firefighter who assists with the public education activities and lessons. If you haven't heard Sparky talk about the importance of fire safety, here are some important points he always shares:
- Plan and practice a home fire escape plan.
- Test your smoke alarms once a month and change the batteries once a year.
- Know two ways out of every room.
- Have a meeting place outside your home.
- Crawl low under smoke.
- Stop, drop, and roll if your clothes catch fire.
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
Sparky's Favorite Links
Can I get a TFD patch?
The City of Tallahassee does not distribute fire patches to the general public. Having said that, TFD does not prevent other entities from selling them through other means, and you may be able to obtain one through 'unofficial' means.