Fire Rips through Home, Displaces Five Residents
January 08, 2014
Yesterday at 5:34 p.m., units from the Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a house fire located at 16821 Talquin Springs Road. On scene, firefighters encountered heavy fire through the roof of a double-wide mobile home. Firefighters extinguished the blaze and were able to save two dogs from the home. No injuries were reported at the scene and damages were estimated at $100,000. Three adults and two children were displaced and received assistance from the Red Cross. Officials say the fire was caused by the heating system. TFD was assisted on scene by the Lake Talquin Volunteer Firefighters and Talquin Electric.
Lt. Mike Bellamy, Public Information Officer, 850-606-6625
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.