TFD Responds to Morning Fire, Two Displaced
January 29, 2014
At around 7:30 this morning, units from Fire Station 12 were first on scene at a mobile home fire located at 5982 Deer Park Circle. Fire crews reported fire behind a wall inside the home caused by an electrical short in an outlet where a space heater was plugged in. Residents called for help after smelling smoke inside the home. Firefighters quickly extinguished hidden fire in the walls and ceiling and were able to minimize the property damage throughout the double-wide mobile home. Two adult occupants were displaced as a result of the fire and received assistance from the Red Cross. The Tallahassee Fire Department received assistance on scene from LCSO and Chaires-Capitola Volunteer Fire Department. No injuries were reported and damages from the fire were estimated at $40,000.
Lt. Mike Bellamy, Public Information Officer, 850-606-6625
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.