One Injured at Late Afternoon House Fire
|Other Recent Releases
DataSource: The requested DataSource 8ec1df94-cdd4-4a09-8fc9-547938f6287e is not accessible.
February 11, 2014
Unattended cooking was the cause of a late afternoon mobile home fire located at 7221 Stable Run Drive. The Tallahassee Fire Department received a 9-1-1 call at 4:04 p.m. Firefighters arrived to heavy fire showing from one end of the mobile home. Fire crews pulled two hose lines and extinguished the blaze in 15 minutes. A 15 year-old resident was home at the time of the fire and left food unattended on the stove. The resident received burns to the arm and minor smoke inhalation before exiting the home and was transported in good condition to an area hospital. Damages from the fire were estimated at $50,000 and TFD was assisted at the scene by Leon County EMS and the Leon County Sheriff's Office. The family was displaced as a result of the fire. The Red Cross was also called to the scene to assist the family.
Lt. Mike Bellamy, Public Information Officer, 850-606-6625
Subscribe to News Releases
Sign up to receive our news releases via email, along with many other features, with our Email Subscription Service.