Development Review Fast Tracking & Customer Service Initiative
Top 10 Ways to Speed Up The Permitting Process
- Provide a complete package of required information at the time of submittal.
- Apply for the Cultural Resource Clearance Letter at the conception of the project rather than waiting until pre-submittal or later.
- Meet with staff to discuss a project at the earliest point possible.
- Take advantage of the pre-submittal process. This is a free meeting with input provided by all staff involved in the development review process (Traffic, Utilities, Solid Waste, etc.).
- Work with the Water Management District early in the process so the project can be designed in a manner that meets both State and City requirements.
- If you anticipate complex environmental issues with your site, schedule a meeting with the Land Use Biologist (850) 891-7100 early in the process so we can assist in finding resolution to complex permitting scenarios.
- If off-site slope mitigation is likely, find the area to be used for the mitigation prior to the pre-submittal meeting.
- Take advantage of the simultaneous review process where site plan, environmental permit, and building permit reviews take place concurrently.
- Respond to staff's permit review comments in a timely manner.
- Applicant should schedule a meeting with staff to go over their response to permit review comments prior to resubmittal of the application.