Tallahassee Future Leaders Academy
Building Leaders for a Dynamic Future
What is the Tallahassee Future Leaders Academy (TFLA)?
TFLA is the City of Tallahassee's summer youth employment program. The City partners with local businesses and organizations to provide jobs for youth in our community. The program components include:
- Employment: 6 week opportunity with the City of Tallahassee or a local/private organization:
- Program Dates: June 19 through June 28
- Youth work 20 - 30 hours/wk. @ minimum wage ($8.10/hr)
- Skill Acquisition: Youth will acquire skills through simulations, interactive and/or online training:
- Program Dates: June 5 through June 16
- Seminars focused on personal and professional growth, financial literacy and responsibility
- Technical Job skills and certification
- Mentorship: Youth will receive guidance from a caring manager.
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
For more information about Tallahassee Future Leaders Academy, please contact Willie Williams.
Thank you to all of our 2016 sponsors!