2016 Fall Softball Schedules (PDF)
Pre-Season Softball Practice Information
- Softball fields at Messer South & Messer North may be reserved for pre-season practice beginning Monday, August 22 - 25 and August 29 - September 1, (Mon.-Thurs.), at 6:00, 7:30 or 9:00pm, at a cost of $7.00/per session (No Lights), $13.75/per session (With Lights). Please call the park directly.
- Messer South: 891-5337 | Messer North: 891-5336
- The Tom Brown light project will not be completed until the end of August, so there will be no practice scheduled at that location.
- Please note: Staff does not arrive until 6:00pm. Phones will not be answered until that time.
- All weekly pre-season practice must be paid at the concession stand prior to taking the field. If your team fails to show for a scheduled practice, and is 10 minutes late, the field may be given to another team. Practice may be booked a maximum of two times per week.
- Registered teams may also schedule pre-season practice time during our umpire clinics, August 30 and September 1, 6:30- 8:00 PM at Messer North softball fields. Please call Janet to sign up at 891-3835. Space is limited.
- Once the season has begun, field use for practice is first come first serve unless otherwise reserved.
Calling Off Games Policy
- Games will not be postponed or rescheduled. EXCEPTIONS: Death of immediate family member or player(s).
- In case of rain or lightening, all teams scheduled to play at 6:30 should report to your designated field unless otherwise notified If games are cancelled earlier than 6:30 PM, there will be a recorded message on our hotline # 891-3800. The hotline will provide the latest weather information and/or cancellation of remaining games. PLEASE DO NOT call the Tallahassee Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs Department.
- If the games are called off for inclement weather, or field conditions, the fields will not be available for practice to avoid costly damage to the fields.
- Saturday, August 20, 9:00am - 1:00pm, Messer N. Park-Press box, ASA/City Parks & Recreation Department
- Tuesday, August 30 from 6 PM - 7:30 PM - Messer N. Park, F# 1 & 2
- Thursday, September 1 from 6 PM - 7:30 PM - Messer
Recent ASA Rule Changes with Comments
Rule 3, Section 3F: Beginning January 1, 2017, the 11" .520 COR or under with a compression of 300.0 lbs or under will be the only ball allowed in Women's Adult Slow Pitch, Coed Women's Slow Pitch and Junior Olympic Girls and Boys Slow Pitch.
Additional Forms and Information (PDF)
Softball Complex Phone Numbers (when in use)
- Information Hotline: 891-3800
- Tom Brown Park: 891-3965
- James Messer Park North: 891-5336
- James Messer Park South: 891-5337
- Springsax Park: 891-3955