Come join us for one of America's fastest-growing sports - Pickleball! Pickleball uses hard racquets, whiffle balls and the lower mini tennis nets, and is a lot of fun to play for people of all ages.
Are you a new player? First time joining this fun and energetic game is free. The first 1/2hr. of each session is dedicated to first time players. We encourage you to bring your friends!
- Jack McLean Community Center
700 Paul Russell Road - 891-2505
- Mondays, 10:00am - 1:30pm (resuming August 3 - No Pickleball on August 10)
- Newcomer lesson: 10:00 - 11:00am
- Lincoln Neighborhood Center
438 West Brevard Street - 891-4180
- Mondays & Fridays, 9:00am - 12:00n (court will reopen September 1)
- Senior Center ($2 donation to play for ages 55+; $3 others)
1400 North Monroe Street - 891-4000
- Tuesdays, 5:00 - 9:00pm (June 9 - August 11)
- Basic Lesson: 11:30am - 12:00n
- Regular Play: 12:00n - 4:00pm
- Fridays, 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Closed August 7, September 11, November 11 & 27, December 4 & 25 and January 1
- Sue McCollum Community Center ($10/court per time period)
501 Ingleside Avenue - 891-3946
- Mondays & Fridays, reserved court times only, 9:00 - 10:30am and 10:30am - 12:00n (resuming August 17)
- Wednesdays, 10:00am - 1:00pm (open play - no reservation required)
- Lawrence-Gregory Community Center
1115 Dade Street - 891-3910
- Tuesdays, 6:30 - 9:00pm (closed August 4)
- Lafayette Park (outdoors)
501 Ingleside Drive
- First come - first serve basis. Net tie-downs, paddles and balls available inside the Sue McCollum Community Center only during regular office hours.
- Hilaman Tennis Courts (outdoors)
2737 Blairstone Road
- 2 courts with adjustable net straps and painted lines. Sign up via clipboard on site.
Guidelines of Play:
- Sue McCollum Community Center
- Courts may be reserved from 9:00 - 10:30am and 10:30am - 12:00n per group
- A fee of $10 is paid by the group for the reservation (example: 4 players equals $2.50/pp)
- All other Pickleball Sites
- Staff will set up nets and provide balls
- A challenge court will be established for competitive play
- Times may be subject to change due to other activities
Check out our Pickleball Skills Guide (PDF)
For more information on Pickleball and how you can be a part of the action, contact Glen Howe, Tennis Superintendent.
For additional contact information for various sites and volunteers, download the contact sheet (PDF).