Come join us for one of America's fastest-growing sports - Pickleball! Pickleball uses hard racquets, whiffle balls and the lower mini tennis nets, and is a lot of fun to play for people of all ages.
Are you a new player? First time joining this fun and energetic game is free. The first 1/2hr. of each session is dedicated to first time players. We encourage you to bring your friends!
Upcoming Fundraiser Pickleball Tournament to raise money for Canine Companions for Independence. It will be held Friday and Saturday, February 26 and 27 starting at 10:00am at the Wakulla Community Center, 318 Shadeville Road, Crawfordville. Registration fee is $10.00 per person. Watch for further announcements from Debra Everington.
March 8th and 9th Pickleball at the Senior Games starting at 9:00 am at Jack McLean Community Center. Pre-registration is required.
- Jack McLean Community Center
700 Paul Russell Road - 891-2505
- Mondays (Free)
- Basic Lesson: 10:00 - 11:00am
- Regular Play: 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Tuesdays ($10 court reservations)
- 10:00 - 11:30am
- 11:30am - 1:00pm
- Lincoln Neighborhood Center
438 West Brevard Street - 891-4180
- Mondays & Fridays, 9:00am - 12:00n (by appointment)
- Senior Center ($2 donation to play for ages 55+; $3 others)
1400 North Monroe Street - 891-4000
- Basic Lesson: 11:30am - 12:00n
- Regular Play: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Fridays, 11:30am - 1:30pm
- No sessions on the following dates: February 26, April 6 & 8, June 29, July 1, September 16, November 11 & 25 and December 2
- Sue McCollum Community Center
501 Ingleside Avenue - 891-3946
- Mondays & Fridays, 9:00 - 10:30am and 10:30am - 12:00n ($10/court per time period)
- Wednesdays, 10:00am - 1:00pm (open play - no reservation or fee required)
- Lawrence-Gregory Community Center
1115 Dade Street - 891-3910
- Wakulla Community Center
318 Shadeville Road, Crawfordville
For more information: www.facebook.com/pickleballwakulla or call Steve Wilson at 583-0510
- Thursdays, 10:00am - 12:00n ($2 donation requested)
- Lafayette Park (outdoors)
501 Ingleside Drive
- First come - first serve basis. Net tie-downs, paddles and balls available inside the Sue McCollum Community Center only during regular office hours.
- Hilaman Tennis Courts (outdoors)
2737 Blairstone Road
- 2 courts with adjustable net straps and painted lines. Bring your own paddles and balls. Sign up via clipboard on site.
Guidelines of Play:
- Staff will set up nets and provide balls
- A challenge court will be established for competitive play
- Times may be subject to change due to other activities
Check out our Pickleball Skills Guide (PDF)
For more information on Pickleball and how you can be a part of the action, contact Glen Howe, Tennis Superintendent.
For additional contact information for various sites and volunteers, download the contact sheet (PDF).