Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Commission Agenda
November 15, 2016, 6:00 pm
Second Floor Conference Room, Renaissance Center
A. Agenda Modifications
B. Public Comment on Unagended Items:
1. September 12, 2016 Planning Commission Minutes
D. Public Hearings
1. City of Tallahassee: First and Only Public Hearing on Ordinance No. 16-Z-25; Proposed Amendment of the Official Zoning Map to Change the Zoning Classification from the Single Family Two-Family Residential (R-3) Zoning District to the Ridge Road Planned Unit Development (PUD) Zoning District. The subject site is located on the south side of Ridge Road approximately 2,600 feet west of Crawfordville Highway.
Recommendation: Find Ordinance 16-Z-25 consistent with Sections 10-165 (e) and (g) of the Tallahassee Land Development Code and recommend that the City Commission adopt Ordinance 16-Z-25, thereby amending the Official Zoning Map to change the zoning classification from the Single Family Two-Family Residential (R-3) zoning district to the Ridge Road Planned Unit Development (PUD) zoning district, based on the findings and conditions of the Development Review Committee, the information contained in the staff report and evidence presented at the hearing hereon.
Coordinator: Jiwuan Haley
E. Public Hearing Type C Site Plan
1. City of Tallahassee: Public Hearing on the proposed site plan to allow a change of use from a 10,742 square foot office to a private middle/high school for girls with counseling and social services. The applicant is also requesting a deviation from buffer standards.
Recommendation: Approve PACE Center for Girls Type “C” site plan, based on the findings and conditions of the Development Review Committee (DRC), the findings of the staff report, and any evidence presented at the hearing hereon.
Coordinator: Susan Denny
F. General Business
1. Initiation for a proposed amendment to Section 1-2, Definitions and Rules of Construction, of the Tallahassee Land Development Code, by adding “Golf Courses” to the list of illustrative uses in the definition of “Recreational facility, active”.
Recommendation: Initiate a text amendment to Chapter 10, Section 1-2 of the Tallahassee Land Development Code, Definitions and Rules of Construction, to add “Golf Courses” to the list of illustrative uses in the definition of “Recreational facility, active”, based on the information contained in the staff memorandum.
Coordinator: Laurel Harbin
G. General Information
1. 2017 Planning Commission/Local Planning Agency Meeting Calendar
2. City or County Commission Decisions on items previously heard by the Planning Commission.
This meeting was advertised in the Tallahassee Democrat on October 26, 2016.
If you have a disability requiring accommodations, please contact the Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Department. The Planning Department telephone number is (850) 891-6400. The telephone number of the Florida Relay TDD Service is # 1-800-955-8771.
"Please be advised that if a person decided to appeal any decision made by the Planning Commission with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing, such person will need a record of these proceedings, and for this purpose such person may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record indicates the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The Planning Commission does not provide or prepare such a record (Section 286.0105 F.S.)."