How to Complete Online Applications
To be able to complete the electronic application forms and to successfully submit the required supporting documentation, all Adobe Acrobat files must be saved in Adobe Acrobat version 6.0 or higher. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or higher installed, you can download it for free by following the directions below.
With the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software, you will only be able to view, print and complete Adobe PDF form files online. Acrobat Reader is not capable of saving your edits. In order to be able to save your edits, you will need Adobe Acrobat "Standard" version or higher. If using Adobe Acrobat Reader, on the bottom of the last page of the application you have the option to "Print Form" or "Submit by Email". In addition to selecting "Print Form" for hard-copy submission, also select "Submit by Email" and follow the directions to send an electronic copy of the application to the Planning Department.
To SAVE an application:
- Bookmark the TLCPD Zoning & Rezoning page if you have not yet done so.
- Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, close your browser and run the installation program. Once Acrobat is installed, open your browser and return to the Planning Department bookmark. Your browser should now be configured to view PDF files properly.
To OPEN an application:
To FILL OUT an application:
- Once the form is open, select the hand tool.
- Position the pointer inside a form field, you will notice that the mouse cursor will change from a hand to an I-beam then click in this area.
- The I-beam pointer allows you to type text.
- The arrow pointer allows you to select a button, a check box, a radio button, or an item from a list.
- After entering text or selecting an item, check box, or radio button, do one of the following:
- Press Tab to accept the form field change and go to the next form field.
- Press Shift+Tab to accept the form field change and go to the previous form field.
- Press Enter (Windows) or Return (Mac OS) to accept the form field change and deselect the current form field.
- In a multiline text form field, Enter or Return goes to the next line in the same form field. You can use Enter on the keypad to accept a change and deselect the current form field. Press Escape to reject the form field change and deselect the current form field. If you are in Full Sreen mode, pressing Escape a second time causes you to exit Full Screen mode.