Bibliography of the History of Greenwood Cemetery
Primary Sources: Newspapers
- Florida Sentinel
- Tallahassee Daily Democrat (early name for the Tallahassee Democrat , below)
- Florida State News
- Tallahassee Democrat
Primary Sources: Census Records
- 1830 -- Fifth Census of the United States, Territory of Florida, Leon County; National Archives Microfilm No. 19, Roll 15
Primary Sources: Other
Secondary Sources: Books
- Berlin, Ira, Slaves Without Masters: The Free Negro in the Antebellum South. New York: Pantheon Books, 1974.
- Georgia Writers Project, Drums and Shadows: Survival Studies Among Georgia Coastal Negroes. Athens: University of Georgia Press.
- Groene, Bertram H., Ante-Bellum Tallahassee. Tallahassee, Florida: Florida Heritage Foundation, 1971.
- McIntosh, W. R., Jr. (compiler), Laws and Ordinances of the City of Tallahassee, Florida. Tallahassee: Capital Publishing Co., 1906.
- Merritt, Carole, Historic Black Resources: A Handbook For the Identification, Documentation and Evaluation of Historic African-American Properties in Georgia. Atlanta: Historic Preservation Section, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, 1984.
- Vlach, John Michael, The Afro-American Tradition in Decorative Arts (Chapter 9; "Graveyard Decoration"), Cleveland, Ohio: The Cleveland Museum of Art, 1978.
Secondary Sources: Articles
- Dodd, Dorothy, "The Corporation of Tallahassee, 1826-1860": Apalachee , Tallahassee Historical Society, 1950.
- Fenn, Elizabeth A., "Honoring the Ancestors: Kongo-American Graves in the American South." Southern Exposure, 8, Sept./Oct. 1985.