Reporting a Traffic Crash
The driver of a vehicle involved in any traffic crash that:
- Results in injury to or death of any persons.
- Involves an intoxicated driver.
- Involves a "hit and run" driver.
shall immediately, by the quickest means of communication, give notice of the crash to a local law enforcement department.
If the accident does not meet the above listed criteria, you may download and complete the following report for insurance purposes. If you need the assistance of a police officer, please call 891-4200 if it is not an emergency and 911 if it is an emergency.
Driver Report of a Traffic Crash (PDF)
Please complete all of the shaded areas in the report - see sample below.
Mail a copy of the report to:
Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles
Traffic Crash Records Section
Tallahassee, Fl 32399
- Keep a copy of this report for your records and insurance purposes.
- Remember to sign the report.