Business Tax Certificates
Obtaining a Business Tax Certificate is only one part of starting a new business within the City of Tallahassee limits. Below are some important links to help you get your business up and running quickly in addition to the actual Business Tax Certificate application process:
- The Business Startup Info page will provide information, contact phone numbers, web sites and mailing addresses to assist you with starting a business.
- City of Tallahassee Business Tax Requirements answers frequently asked questions when starting a business inside the City limits of Tallahassee.
- To acquire an electronic version of the City of Tallahassee Business Tax Form, complete the following Steps 1-3. To avoid delay during the application process, please make sure you submit all required information.
- Print, complete, and return the Declaration of Information for City of Tallahassee Business Tax Certificate (PDF).
- If a Non-Home Based Business, please complete Step 2 and omit Step 3.
- If a Home-Based Business, please omit Step 2 and complete Step 3.
- Print, complete, and return the Zoning Notice for Business Tax Applicants (PDF).
- Read and print Chapter 10 Article VII, Section 412.2 from the City of Tallahassee Land Development Code (PDF) pertaining to home-based businesses, and then complete and return the Statement of Home Occupational Owner (PDF) signature page.
- View Chapter 18 Article II. of the City of Tallahassee's complete taxation ordinance, to include viewing the established rates for each business type activity. The City of Tallahassee's Business Ordinance is pursuant to the Florida Statute 205.053.
Apply for a Tax Certificate
The Application/Declaration for a City of Tallahassee Business Tax Certificate can be obtained by:
- Calling (850) 891-6488
- Sending in a written request
- Downloading the City of Tallahassee Business Tax Certificate (PDF) and mailing the completed form to the below mentioned address:
City of Tallahassee
300 S. Adams St., Box A-4
Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Visiting the City's Tax and Revenue Section, which is located at:
435 N Macomb Street, First Floor
View a Listing of Active Business Tax Certificates
The following is a list of active business tax accounts. The data changes daily so please contact the Revenue Division at (850) 891-6488 if you have any questions about the validity of the accounts.
View active business tax certificates (PDF)