- What is the Nights & Weekends Pricing Plan?
Nights & Weekends Pricing is a new pricing plan that offers customers a new rate option with a lower price on electricity used during nights (7 p.m. - 7 a.m.), weekends and holidays at $0.06505 / kWh and a higher rate during weekdays (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.) at $0.21885 / kWh.
- Why was this program created?
This program was created to offer customers greater control, flexibility and choices in managing their household energy usage.
- Is this program optional?
Absolutely. You can stay at the current Flat Rate of $0.10986 / kWh.
- Who is the ideal customer for this plan?
A household with members who are typically at school or work during the daytime on weekdays and are at home at night and on the weekends will most likely benefit from this program.
- Would I save money by choosing this plan?
It depends on your current energy usage patterns and your family's lifestyle and whether you can adapt to using more energy during nights, weekends and holidays.
- How will I know if I am saving on Nights & Weekends pricing?
Call us anytime to evaluate your usage or visit e+ Online to compare your bill history.
- What are the times of the different rates?
Weekdays: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Friday; Nights & Weekends: 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. Monday through Friday and all day Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- What are the rates associated with Nights & Weekends?
Currently, our electricity is at $0.10986 / kWh all day, every day. The new plan will be split between daytime @ $0.21885 / kWh and Nights & Weekends @ $0.06505 / kWh. State holidays are also at the Nights & Weekends rate of $0.06505 / kWh.
- Are holidays that fall on a weekday billed at the daytime rate of 0.21885 cents / kWh or the Nights & Weekends rate of $0.06505 / kWh?
They are at the Nights & Weekends rate of $0.06505 / kWh.
- Which days are considered holidays?
Holidays are based on those observed by the State of Florida. They are as follows: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday following Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. When a holiday falls on a weekend, the adjacent weekday will be recognized as the holiday for program purposes.
- Do I have to sign a contract?
No. However, we encourage you to stay for at least a year to achieve optimal savings.
- Can I stop the program at any time?
Yes, but if you return to the plan, we will ask you to stay for a minimum of one year.
- If I leave the program will I be able to re-enroll?
Yes, but if you return to the plan, we will ask you to stay for a minimum of one year..
- When does this program start?
The optional Nights & Weekends Pricing Plan has been available to all residential customers since April 1, 2012.
- How can I sign up?
Call 891.4YOU (4968) or fill out a Customer Request Form for more information or to sign up.
- How quickly can I start the plan?
Your account will reflect Nights & Weekends Pricing within two business days.
- Will any rate increase impact my Nights & Weekends pricing plan up or down?
Yes. The program will adjust for any changes in the overall rate structure.
You may also fill out a Customer Request Form to sign up today or call us at 891.4YOU (4968) to learn more about the Nights & Weekends Pricing Plan.