Solid Waste Pickup Information
What does red/blue week mean? The City of Tallahassee Solid Waste Services picks up bulky items and yard waste on the same day every other week. Depending on where you live, your route will be on either a red week or blue week. You can download the red/blue week calendar here and print it out. Each year we also send out a solid waste guide that includes a red/blue week calendar on the back for reference. To find out which route you are on and the specific pickup day of the week, read the section below called "Check Out Your Schedules For All Solid Waste Services."
Garbage and recycling containers can be placed at the curb (no earlier than) the day before your scheduled pickup and need to be returned to the storage area near your home no later than the day following your service. Bulky items and yard waste should be placed at the curb no sooner than the weekend before your red/blue week pickup date. Electronics should be placed at the curb on your residential garbage service day and will be picked up the next Thursday.
Check Out Your Schedules For All Solid Waste Services
Use these two easy steps to find out when your garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulky items will be picked up:
Looking up your account by address
- Click "Account Information"
- Followed by "Meter Reading and Waste Pickup Schedules" at the bottom
All customers may receive service one day later than their regularly scheduled service if your day of pickup falls on or after a holiday observed by the City of Tallahassee. Your Own Utilities observes the following holidays in 2017:
- New Year's Day (Monday, January 2, 2017)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 16, 2017)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29, 2017)
- Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4, 2017)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4, 2017)
- Veteran's Day (Friday, November 10, 2017)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23, 2017)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 24, 2017)
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 25, 2017)
Official city observed holidays can affect solid waste pickup schedules.