Top 10 Quick Energy-Saving Tips
- Set your thermostat at 78 degrees or higher in the summer.
- Set your thermostat at 68 degrees or lower in the winter.
- Adjust your thermostat UP five (5) degrees while away on summer days.
- Heating and cooling generally accounts for 50% or more of your annual electric usage.
- Consider a Programmable Thermostat to save energy while not at home.
- Turn your electric water heater "OFF" at the breaker if you will be gone for two or more days.
- Convert to Natural Gas appliances and get rebates from Your Own Utilities.
- Check to see if you have Natural Gas on your street.
- Have a qualified service technicial check your A/C system for duct leaks and dirty coils.
- Switch to Compact Fluorescent Lights (CLFs) and use 75% less energy per bulb.
> View more Quick Energy-Saving Tips
> Download the e+ Tips Handbook (pdf)