Natural Gas Commercial Water Heater Rebate Terms & Conditions
DOUBLE REBATE Terms and Conditions
This agreement is made between the City of Tallahassee and the applicant customer for purposes stated herein and agreed to as follows:
The Applicant Customer agrees:
- That the building is Owned, Rented or leased. If rented or leased, the Customer will secure the Owner's permission to install rebated water heater/piping.
- To replace existing non-natural gas water heater (electric, propane gas, or fuel oil).
- To purchase only new, not used water heaters.
- To use a licensed gas installer to perform the installation in accordance with this agreement.
- To submit along with this agreement, a copy of the contractor's bid or invoice indicating the work to be performed. The bid or invoice must include your name and address, the cost and nature of the installation(s), and the manufacturer's name and model number of the natural gas water heater to be installed.
- To allow the City's or County's Building Inspector to enter the property/dwelling in order to inspect the installed natural gas water heater in compliance with established City, County and State codes, standards and laws.
- To be solely responsible to the contractor for any costs exceeding the amount(s) of the City's rebate. The customer is responsible for all costs if the City's rebate check is provided directly to the customer.
- To release and hold the City harmless from any claims of any kind or nature arising either wholly or in part from the contractor's negligence, intentional acts or omission in performance of the installation; or in any acts/omissions by City employees.
- That the City is not a party to the installation contract between the customer and contractor.
- That the City does not recommend, endorse or certify contractors, or warrant or otherwise guarantee their work.
- That the City's rebate will be applied as a billing credit to the account above, unless the customer requests otherwise:
- Send rebate check to customer. Requires paid invoice provided to City with application.
- Send rebate check to installing contractor as indicated on contractor's bid.
The City agrees:
- To pay applicable rebates, upon receipt of this agreement and (1) required contractor's proposals (and paid invoices if required); and (2) the City Gas Inspection Report listing installed and inspected natural gas water heater(s).
- The City of Tallahassee shall have the right to terminate this agreement if the customer fails to complete the installation within thirty (30) days of the date written below. Failure to promptly terminate this agreement upon the expiration of said time period shall not waive the City's right to terminate at a later date.
> Go back to rebate information