ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebates - Terms & Conditions
For Existing Homes:
- The equipment must be installed in a permanent residence receiving City of Tallahassee electric service.
- To be eligible for rebates, purchased equipment must be ENERGY STAR qualified, currently listed on the ENERGY STAR website.
- To pay rebates, the brand and model number of equipment is required.
- This application must be completed entirely for rebates to be paid.
- Rebates are not paid to the equipment vendor or the installing contractor.
- No rebates are paid to the customer or property owner where ENERGY STAR rebates were paid earlier to the homebuilder.
- Rebates are paid to the customer or property owner only for installations undertaken and completed after the Certificate of Occupancy (CO) date.
For New Homes:
All tems and conditions above apply, with the addition of the terms below for new homes:
- In new construction, rebates are paid to the homebuilder (not the buyer, vendor or installing contractor) for appliance installations completed prior to issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy (CO).
- Homebuilders can apply for individual appliance rebates or for the ENERGY STAR Certified Home rebate, but not both.