City Service Changes for Memorial Day Holiday
Solid Waste/StarMetro/Animal Service Center
May 22, 2013
The City of Tallahassee’s administrative offices will be closed for the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, May 27. Following are schedule changes for the week of May 26 to June 1 for solid waste customers living inside the Tallahassee city limits, StarMetro and the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center.
Solid Waste Schedule Changes
Garbage / Recycling / Yard Waste (red week) / Bulky Items (red week) – During the holiday week, all customers will receive service one day later than their regularly scheduled service.
- Monday customers: Tuesday, May 28
- Tuesday customers: Wednesday, May 29
- Wednesday customers: Thursday, May 30
- Thursday customers: Friday, May 31
- Friday customers: Saturday, June 1
Garbage and recycling containers should both be rolled to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m., with both containers returned to the home no later than the day after the collection day. Customers are reminded to separate yard waste piles from any bulky items set out for pickup. Customers needing more information may view solid waste schedules at Talgov.com/YOU or contact City of Tallahassee Utilities at 891-4YOU (4968).
StarMetro Schedule Changes - StarMetro, the City's mass transit system, will change its operations for the Memorial Day holiday, as follows:
- Fixed Route Services – On Monday, May 27, StarMetro will operate a modified Sunday schedule, beginning between 9 and 10 a.m. and including night service.
- Dial-A-Ride Services – No Dial-a-Ride service will be available on Monday, May 27. Dial-A-Ride trips for Tuesday, May 28, need to be verified by 2 p.m. on Friday, May 24.
For more information, visit Talgov.com/StarMetro or call StarMetro at 891-5200.
Animal Service Center Closed Monday - The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center is normally closed to the public on Mondays, and thus the facility will be closed on May 27. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 28, with the ASC opening at 10:30 a.m. Customers needing more information, including photos of animals available for adoption, may visit Talgov.com/animals, or contact the Animal Service Center at 891-2950.
Lizzy Kelley, Communications Department, 891-8533