By downloading and using any of the City of Tallahassee iconography you agree to the terms and conditions listed below by which The City of Tallahassee, with a principal place of business at 300 S. Adams Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301, is willing to grant you a non-exclusive, royalty free, license to use the logo and/or name in your company’s advertising, literature and websites solely in connection with the marketing and affiliation with The City of Tallahassee. By clicking “download” you acknowledge that you have read and accept the Logo Use Agreement (provided at the bottom of this page) its entirety and will submit all designs for review to the City of Tallahassee brand officer.
The City of Tallahassee's official logo is only available by request from the City of Tallahassee's branding officer.
With your request, please include the purpose of use. This will be assesed by the branding officer, and if denyed, you will be directed toward the use of the City of Tallahassee all-purpose coin logo.
Request use of Iconography
General Rules for Use of City of Tallahassee logo artwork------------------------
1. Use for City of Tallahassee business only
2. Do not alter image in any way
3. Do not alter color of image in any way (Color: Black, PMS199/RED, and PMS301/BLUE;). If printing in one-color, use only PMS199/RED, PMS301/BLUE, or Black if printing on light background. If printing on dark background, the logo must be reversed out to white No other color options are allowed.
4. Do not alter aspect ratio of in any way (width to height proportions)
5. Do not orient logomark in any manner other than the "right-reading" horizontal position
6. When using the image with text or other visual elements, allow "clear-space" protection area equal to height of the letter "E" in logo around entire logo image (see cot-clearspace.jpg, also attached). Other visual elements include, but not limited to, borders or line rules of any kind as well as paper edges, color fields, etc. Drop shadows and halos of any sort are prohibited.
7. A proof of product layout must be approved by City of Tallahassee Communications Department before final product is produced, regardless of which city department initiated the project. Email an electronic/digital proof to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Tallahassee Star Coin represents the more design centric aspects of the City of Talahassee. It may be used in place of the full wordmark and can be a part of a larger design as long as the rules below are followed. In all aspects of the Coin’s use, it is to appear powerful, recognizable, and iconic. Fair use will be determined by a City of Tallahassee licensing official.
Rules for City of Tallahasse Coin
- The Star on the CoT coin is always white. Meanwhile, the circle can be any solid color that does not wash out the white star. An outlined coin will be provided for instances that require white coin. Patterns (such as plaid) cannot be used to backdrop the coin.
- Do not alter the original aspect ratio or rotate the coin from its original position.
- Do not crop any portion of the coin or star out of the image or use the background set to opaque or watermarked.
- You can use the Coin as part of a larger design as long as all aspects of the coin stand out from the core design. Do not merge the coin with other shapes.
Your Own Utilities Logo - Vertical
Your Own Utilities Logo - Horizontal
Electric Utility Logo
Water Utility Logo
Natural Gas Utility Logo
Solid Waste Services Logo
Energy Smart Plus Logo
Number One Utility in America Logo
Official Your Own Utilities Corporate Colors
City of Tallahassee Utilities Navy
CMYK: C=100, M=57, Y=0, K=40
Coated PMS: 295
Uncoated PMS: 288
CMYK: C=0, M=100, Y=66, K=13
Coated PMS 193
Uncoated PMS 1797
CMYK: C=100, M=0, Y=8, K=13
Coated PMS: 313
Uncoated PMS: 313
Natural Gas Yellow
CMYK: C=0, M=30, Y=100, K=0
Coated PMS: 130
Uncoated PMS: 129
Solid Waste Services Green
CMYK: C=94, M=0, Y=100, K=0
Coated PMS: 193
Uncoated PMS 355
Outside Color: City of Tallahassee Utilities Navy
Inside Blue: Water Blue
CMYK: C=60, M=40, Y=40, K=100
Agreement for Use of Logo/Name
1. Parties: This Agreement contains the terms and conditions by which THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE—with a principal place of business at 300 S. Adams Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301—is willing to grant you a license to use THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE’s logo and/or name. By clicking “download” you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement in its entirety.
“The Logos” are the THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE logos as specified by THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE from time to time, a current version of which is set forth on www.talgov.com/Main/brand-library.aspx and made part of this Agreement.
3. Grant of License: We grant You a non-exclusive, royalty free, license to use The Logos in your company’s advertising, literature and websites solely in connection with the marketing with the marketing and affiliation with the THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE.
4. Term of License: The license granted by this Agreement shall commence on date clicked/submitted (the “Effective Date”), and continue until terminated as provided below.
5. Limitations on License: You agree to comply with the following, which are conditions of the license granted by this Agreement:
A. You may only use The Logos and THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE name in strict conformity with the standards as provided by THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE or as set forth on the following web page: www.talgov.com/Main/brand-library.aspx or at such other Internet location on the World Wide Web as we may notify You. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to remain informed about, and to immediately comply with, any changes we may make in the THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE Identity Standards that affect your use of The Logos.
B. You may not assign the license granted by this Agreement without our prior written consent.
C. The license granted by this Agreement is non-sublicensable. Nothing in this Agreement grants You, or authorizes You to grant to any other person, firm or corporation, any right to use The Logos in any way or by any means or manner.
6. Trademarks and Copyrights:
A. As between THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE and You, You acknowledge THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE’s exclusive right, title, and interest in and to the trademark rights in The Logos. You agree that You shall not acquire any right of any kind in The Logos as a result of your use of it, and You agree that all such uses shall inure to the benefit of THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE.
B. You agree that You shall not: (i) use The Logos in any manner likely to diminish its commercial value; (ii) knowingly use any name, logo or icon likely to cause confusion with The Logos; (iii) make any representation to the effect that The Logos is owned by You rather than by THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE; (iv) challenge either the validity or THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE’s ownership of any trademark rights which incorporate The Logos; or (v) attempt to register, register or own in any country: a) The Logos; b) any domain name incorporating in whole or in part The Logos or c) any name, domain name, keyword or mark confusingly similar to The Logos.
C. As between THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE and You, You acknowledge THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE’s exclusive right, title and interest in and to the copyright in The Logos, and You agree that You will not contest or assist another in contesting that copyright or THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE’s ownership of it.
D. All materials, if any, provided by THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE to You under this Agreement, and all proprietary rights in and to all such materials shall remain the sole and exclusive property of THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE, subject only to the non-exclusive rights granted to You under this Agreement.
E. Upon request, You shall furnish to THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE, without charge, samples of materials which feature The Logos or the THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE name. THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE shall have the right of approval over such items by giving written notice to You, within twenty (20) days of receipt of the samples, of such reasonable changes or corrections as may be necessary to comply with THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE’s reasonable quality concerns. You shall make and incorporate said changes or corrections. THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE’s failure, following receipt of samples, to give notice of any such changes or corrections shall be deemed by You to constitute approval by THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE
F. If THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE, in its sole discretion, determines that any materials used, sold, distributed or offered for sale or distribution by You under this Agreement are unsatisfactory to THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE, either based on the quality of the materials themselves or the depiction of The Logos on the materials, then THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE shall so notify You in writing. Upon receipt of such notification, You shall have thirty (30) days to implement such reasonable changes, as THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE shall suggest, ensuring that the materials are satisfactory to THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE.
7. Representations and Warranties: You hereby represent and warrant to THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE that You (a) have the right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform Your obligations as set forth herein; (b) are under no obligation or restriction that does or would interfere or conflict with your obligations under this Agreement, nor will You assume any such obligations or restrictions during the term hereof; and (c) the information provided by You in connection with this Agreement is true, correct and complete.
8. Disclaimer and Warranties: THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WITH RESPECT TO THE LOGOS OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE LOGOS.
9. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS, DATA OR USE, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT. BOTH PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE LACK OF A REQUIREMENT OF ANY MONETARY PAYMENT HEREUNDER IS BASED IN PART UPON THESE LIMITATIONS, AND FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. Without limiting the foregoing, THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE shall have no responsibility for any monetary damages under any contract, tort or other legal or equitable theory, regardless of the form of the action. Such limit shall apply whether or not THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10. Indemnity: You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees and agents from and against any claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any misrepresentation or breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement; and (b) any non-compliance by You with any agreements or undertakings contained in or made pursuant to this Agreement.
A. THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE may, in its sole discretion, terminate this Agreement or modify your license to use The Logos at any time upon written notice to You. Upon termination of this Agreement, You shall immediately cease any and all use of The Logos or any trademarks confusingly similar to The Logos.
B. You may terminate this Agreement at any time upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE.
C. Unless renewed by mutual agreement of the Parties, this Agreement shall expire three (3) years from the Effective Date.
D. The provisions of Paragraphs 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15 hereof shall survive termination of this Agreement.
12. Notices: Any notice required or permitted by this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed sufficient upon receipt by the other party, when delivered by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, by commercial overnight delivery service, or by personal delivery to the address of such party as set forth above or to any subsequent address designated by either party, on notice to the other pursuant hereto, for the purpose of receiving notices under this Agreement.
13. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of FLORIDA, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Tallahassee, Florida, and any action or suit under this Agreement shall only be brought by the parties in any federal or state court in Tallahassee, Florida with appropriate jurisdiction over the subject matter.
14. Amendment: THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend this Agreement by providing You with prior written notice thereof.
15. Miscellaneous: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supercede all oral or written agreements and understandings made and entered into by the parties prior to the Effective Date hereof. You may not assign this Agreement in whole or in part without the prior written consent of THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE, and any purported assignment in violation of these provisions shall be null and void. Subject to the foregoing limitation, this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto, their respective heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver by either party of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any concurrent or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by the waiving party. This Agreement shall not be construed or deemed to create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise or other form of agreement or relationship between the parties other than as expressly set forth herein.