Summer Playground Program
A supervised Summer Playground Program will be conducted by the City of Tallahassee at seven sites during the summer of 2015 between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, with supervision available from 7:30am- 5:30pm for eight weeks. Each Playground will offers a variety of physical, social and cultural activities on a daily basis. Youth ages 5-16 can participate in sports, games, fitness, special events, and tournaments. Children five years of age must have completed kindergarten in order to be registered for the Playground Program.
When the information for the 2015 Summer Playground Program is available, it will be updated here.
For more information, contact Toni McDonald at 891-3856.
The City of Tallahassee, Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs Department Summer Playground Program accepts applications from January to April for summer employment, with interviews begining in March. If you are interested in becoming a Counselor in Training, applications are accepted through the first of May. To be a Counselor in Training, you must be between the ages of 13-16. For more information about applying to be a Counselor in Training, please contact Toni McDonald at 891-3856.
Special Park Hours & Privileges
The Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs Department operates an 8 week Summer Camp program for children, ages 5-16 from June 9 - August 1. During the week, some parks/playgrounds are reserved for our camp activities to ensure the safety of our campers and your children.
The following sites are reserved for exclusive use by our programs from (7:30am to 5:30pm):
- Myers Park
- Winthrop Park
- Lawrence-Gregory Community Center at Dade Street
- Jack McLean Community Center
- Jake Gaither Community Center
- Walker-Ford Community Center
During this time period we hope you'll visit one of our other parks. Some locations you might like include:
- Tom Brown Park - 501 Easterwood Drive
- Ninth & Terrace Park - 615 E. 9th Ave
- AJ Henry Park - 2701 AJ Henry Park Drive
- LeVerne Payne Community Center (4th Avenue) - 450 W. 4th Avenue
- Levy Park - 609 Tharpe Street
- Capital Park - 400 Tram Road
- Campbell Pond Park - 3703 Shoreline Drive
- Playground at Lafayette Park - 501 Ingleside Ave (must be accompanied by parents)
If you have any questions regarding this matter please feel free to contact Mario Palmentieri, Recreation Supervisor, at 891-3879 or Toni McDonald, Recreation Supervisor, at 891-3856