- Find the nearest route to your destinations and use the timetables to determine the arrival time.
- Determine the time that the bus will arrive at your StarStop - your starting point. Be at the starting point at least five minutes before the bus.
- Have your exact fare or fare cards ready when the bus stops. Coach Operators cannot make change.
- Wait for passengers to exit, and then board the bus through the front door only.
- Place your fare in the farebox. If you are using a FSU or FAMU student ID, show it to the Coach Operator.
- If you will be transferring to another route, request a transfer ticket from your Coach Operator.
- When you see the bus approaching your StarStop, press the yellow tape or pull the yellow cord to signal the Coach Operator that you wish to stop at the next StarStop.
- Be sure to have all of your belongings with you, and then exit the bus through the closest door.
Customer Code of Conduct
To ensure safety, security, comfort and convenience of those who use our services, StarMetro drafted a Code of Conduct, which every customers must abide by.
StarMetro's Code of Conduct includes these guidelines:
- Pay the correct fare
- Respect other passengers' privacy
- Do not cause safety problems
- Use headphones with volume low
- No eating, smoking or littering
- No alcoholic beverages
- Do not harass your Coach Operator or other customers
- Do not lie down in the seats
- Respect transit property
- Use StarMetro's services and facilities for transportation purposes only
Please remember boarding is only allowed at designated StarStops as seen to the right. Double-sided red and blue signs depicting route information are posted at all StarStops. Each StarStop features an octagonal pole for visually impaired patrons. In addition, each bus stop shows StarMetro's phone number and web address should a customer have a question while standing at the bus stop. Shelters are provided at many locations. Some shared stops may have a university sign blade accompanying the StarMetro sign blade.
Need to figure out how to get to your destination, but you don't have a Ride Guide? Use our new Trip Planner. The Trip Planner provides step-by-step instructions on how to reach your destination using StarMetro buses. Just tell us where you're starting and where you're going and we'll do the rest.
Next by Text
Customers will be able to receive text alerts on bus arrival times by texting StarStop ID numbers. Within seconds, the customer would receive a corresponding text highlighting the next bus arrival times for each bus serving that particular stop.
Bike on Bus
Each StarMetro bus accommodates two bicycles. Only single-set, two-wheel bicycles are permitted on buses. If the rack is full, customers should be prepared to choose a location to lock up their bike, or wait for the next bus.
Some shelters are equipped with bicycle racks.
Learn more here.
Guaranteed Ride Home Program
Go from car-free to carefree.
If you ride StarMetro to and from work at least three days per week, you qualify for the Commuter Services of North Florida's FREE Guaranteed Ride Home Program. This service, which is funded by the Florida Department of Transportation, provides a free taxi ride home when an emergency arises that requires your immediate attention. Such emergencies include a sick child or having to work late unexpectedly. This program is also available to commuters who carpool, vanpool, bike and walk.
To register for this program or for more information about work commute programs in the region, please visit commuterservices.org or Grhp. You can also call toll free 1-888-454-7433.