- Find the nearest route to your destination and locate timetables.
- Determine the time that the bus will arrive at your bus stop - your starting point. Be there at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Have your exact fare or fare card ready when the bus stops. Coach Operators cannot make change.
- Wait for passengers to exit, and then board the bus through the front door only.
- Place your fare in the farebox by the driver. If you are using an FSU or FAMU student ID, swipe your ID and show your ID to the Coach Operator.
- If transferring to another route, request a transfer ticket from your Coach Operator.
- Press the yellow tape or pull the yellow cord (near the window) to signal the Coach Operator that you wish to get off at the next stop when you near your destination.
- Be sure to have all of your belongings with you, and exit through the closest door.
Customer Code of Conduct
To help ensure the safety, security, comfort and convenience of those who use the system, StarMetro drafted a Code of Conduct, which every customer must abide by.
StarMetro's Code of Conduct for riding the bus includes these guidelines:
- Please respect other customers' privacy
- Safety problems cannot be tolerated
- Please use headphones with volume low
- Eating, smoking or littering are not allowed
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed
- Any harassing behavior cannot be tolerated
- Lying down on bus seats is not appropriate
- Please respect transit property
- Use StarMetro's services and facilities for transportation purposes only
Please remember boarding is only allowed at designated Bus Stops. The bus stop signs depict route information including what each end point or midpoint are for each route for easy riding. Each Bus Stop features an octagonal pole for visually impaired patrons. In addition, each bus stop shows StarMetro's phone number and web address should a customer have a question while standing at the bus stop. There is a link at the bottom of the sign (Talgov.com/FindMyBus) that shows the website where a rider can download the latest smart device apps showing where each bus is in real time. Shelters are provided at many locations. Some shared stops may have a university sign blade theme.
Need to figure out how to get to your destination, but you don't have a Ride Guide? Use our new Trip Planner. The Trip Planner provides step-by-step instructions on how to reach your destination using StarMetro buses. Just tell us where you're starting and where you're going and we'll do the rest.
Next by Text
Customers will be able to receive text alerts on bus arrival times by texting StarStop ID numbers. Within seconds, the customer would receive a corresponding text highlighting the next bus arrival times for each bus serving that particular stop.
Bike on Bus
Each StarMetro bus accommodates two bicycles. Only single-set, two-wheel bicycles are permitted on buses. If the rack is full, customers should be prepared to choose a location to lock up their bike, or wait for the next bus.
Some shelters are equipped with bicycle racks.
Learn more here.
Guaranteed Ride Home Program
Go from car-free to carefree.
If you ride StarMetro to and from work at least three days per week, you qualify for the Commuter Services of North Florida's FREE Guaranteed Ride Home Program. This service, which is funded by the Florida Department of Transportation, provides a free taxi ride home when an emergency arises that requires your immediate attention. Such emergencies include a sick child or having to work late unexpectedly. This program is also available to commuters who carpool, vanpool, bike and walk.
To register for this program or for more information about work commute programs in the region, please visit commuterservices.org or Grhp. You can also call toll free 1-888-454-7433.
Reasonable Modification Policy
The Department of Transportation has revised its rules under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. It now specifically provides that transportation agencies are required to make reasonable modifications to policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure that their programs are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
StarMetro is committed to providing safe, reliable, efficient, and accessible service to its customers. To ensure equality and fairness, StarMetro will make reasonable modifications to policies and procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities have equal access to all of its services.
Exceptions would include modifications that:
- Cause a direct threat to the health and/or safety of others;
- Result in a fundamental alteration of the nature of the service;
- Are not necessary in order for the individual with a disability to fully utilize StarMetro services
Anyone who would like to request a modification of policies or procedures to participate in StarMetro's program contact Andrea Rosser or service contact Nathaniel McMillan at:
555 Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32304